Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions ('the Terms') govern the user's ('you' or 'your') use of the website www.canterbury.com ('the Website') and your relationship with:
(i) The Hut.com Limited - 05016010 (trading as:www.canterbury.com) whose registered office is at 5th Floor, Voyager House, Chicago Avenue, Manchester Airport, M90 3DQ; or ('we', 'our', or 'us').
Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under law. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not access nor use the Website. If you have any queries regarding these Terms then please contact us.
By using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms and authorise us to transmit information (included updated information) to obtain information from third parties, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card numbers or credit reports to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
We reserve the right to:
- update these Terms from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via a suitable announcement on the Website. It is your responsibility to check for such changes. The changes will apply to the use of the Website after we have given such announcement. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Website. If you continue to use the Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms;
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website and the material contained within (or any part) without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website or its contents; and
- disable any user identification code or password we have provided to you, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
By using this Website, you warrant that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- you are at least 18 years of age;
- the personal information which you are required to provide when you register is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and you are not impersonating any other person or entity.
- you will notify us immediately of any changes to the personal information by contacting our customer service representatives via your “Account” or the “Contact Us” page on www.canterbury.com.
By using our Website, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input personal details in order for us to identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, credit card or other payment information.
We confirm that this information will be held by us in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's office.
5. Protecting Your Security
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases.
We take the risk of internet fraud very seriously. With the volume of fraudulent credit card transactions increasing, we make every effort to ensure all orders are thoroughly checked using the information already supplied. There is a possibility we may contact you to make additional security checks and we ask for your co- operation to enable us to complete them. We will not tolerate fraudulent transactions and such transactions will be reported to the relevant authorities.
By accepting these Terms you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the UK Data Protection 2017 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679).
The Website may only be used for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and its use. You agree not to:
- upload or transmit through the Website any computer viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer;
- upload or transmit through the Website any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene character; and
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
7. Third Party Links
As a convenience to our customers, the Website may include links to other websites or material which is beyond our control. For your information, we are not responsible for such websites or material nor do we review or endorse them. We will not be liable for the privacy practices or content of such websites nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the goods ordered are not available, you will be notified by e-mail (or by other means if no e-mail address has been provided) and you will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or to cancel your order.
Any orders placed by you will be treated as an offer to purchase the goods or services from us and we have the right to reject such offers at any time. You acknowledge that any automated acknowledgement of your order which you may receive from us shall not amount to our acceptance of your offer to purchase goods or services advertised on the Website.
The conclusion of a contract between you and us will take place when we (i) debit your credit, debit card or PayPal account or (ii) dispatch the goods to you or commence the services, whichever is the later, at which time we shall send you an e-mail confirming that the contract has been concluded ('Dispatch Confirmation'). The contract will relate only to those goods or services whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other goods or services which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such goods or services has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data provided by you when accessing or ordering from the Website.
The products sold on the Website are not for re-sale or distribution. We reserve the right to cancel orders and/or suspend accounts where we believe products are being ordered in breach of this provision.
You will assume the risk for the products once they have been delivered to the delivery address which you specified when ordering the products. We accept no liability where you provide an incorrect delivery address or where you fail to collect the products from the delivery address which you specified. Notwithstanding that risk of loss or damage to the products only passes to you once they have been delivered to the delivery address, ownership of the products shall pass to you on the later of: (a) the products being dispatched by us; and (b) us receiving payment in respect of the same.
9. Cancellation Rights
Where you have purchased the goods or services as a consumer (i.e. for private use as opposed to business use), please note that you are entitled to cancel any contract completed with us within 14 days from the day on which you acquire physical possession of the goods.
If you wish to cancel a contract pursuant to this clause, then please see our Returns Policy for further details of how.
10. Price and Payment
All prices shown on the Website are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you (save that any changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation).
If your delivery address is within the United Kingdom, no additional taxes will be charged to you. If your delivery address is outside of the United Kingdom you may be subject to import duties and taxes (including VAT), which are levied once a delivery reaches your destination country. Any such additional charges must be borne by you (if your delivery address is inside the European Union (‘EU’) see ‘Customs clearance responsibilities for EU delivery addresses’). You should note that customs policies and practices vary widely from country to country. We recommend that you contact your local customs office for information.
Payment can be made by any major credit or debit card or via your PayPal account. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account before the dispatch of your good or provision of the service to you.
In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong, and we discover this before accepting your order in accordance with clause 9, we are not required to sell the goods to you at the price shown. We always try and ensure that the prices of goods shown on our Website are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order and you have already paid for the goods (but they have not yet been dispatched), then you will receive a full refund.
You confirm that the credit, debit card or PayPal account that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us we will not be liable to you for any delay or non-delivery.
If your credit or debit card payment is not processed successfully for any reason, we reserve the right to reattempt to process payment within 48 hours. In the event that the payment is still unsuccessful, we will give you at least 48 hours’ notice in advance of any further reattempt to process payment by sending an email to the email address you have provided to us. If you do not want us to reattempt to process payment, you must cancel your order in advance.
We allow you to use discount codes strictly on the terms and conditions upon which they were issued which, amongst other things, may include terms relating to your eligibility to use them and a maximum order value. Please familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions before you place an order as we reserve the right to reject or cancel any orders which do not comply with these terms even if your credit or debit card has been charged.
If there is any inconsistency between the terms and conditions upon which the discount codes were issued and these terms and conditions, the discount code terms and conditions prevail. A copy of the discount code terms and condition scan be obtained by contacting our customer service representatives via your “Account” or the “Contact Us” page on www.canterbury.com.
Customs clearance responsibilities for EU delivery addresses
For orders dispatched from the UK only.
For deliveries to addresses within the EU, for legal purposes you are the importer of the goods, and are responsible for any import formalities as well as any duties, tariffs, or taxes which may be charged by any customs authority. However, we have collected these amounts from you as part of your purchase, and by agreeing to these terms, you hereby authorise us to appoint our designated carrier(s) to carry out any required customs formalities on your behalf, including payment of any duties, tariffs, or taxes to the appropriate customs authority. The designated carrier will deliver the goods to you in addition to carrying out the customs formalities on your behalf. These customs formalities will be carried out in different countries depending on the country in which your delivery address belongs, and the carrier used. Your goods will be cleared for customs purposes in one of the following ‘clearance countries’:
- Cyprus (for addresses in Cyprus)
- France (for addresses in France, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia)
- Ireland (for addresses in Ireland)
- Malta (for addresses in Malta)
- Spain (for addresses in Spain)
- The Netherlands (for addresses in the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Luxembourg, Poland, and Sweden)
7. Belgium (for addresses in Belgium and Ireland)
8. Otherwise, in the country in which your address belongs.
9. In the country in which your address belongs.
10. The Netherlands (for all addresses)
This means that you will be charged duties, tariffs, or taxes at the rate applicable in the clearance country – these will be paid on your behalf by the designated carrier. These clearance countries are subject to change without notice being provided to you.
By accepting these terms, you consent to us appointing a designated carrier to act on your behalf as described above, and that the designated carrier is acting solely for you as your customs direct representative.
11. Intellectual Property
The content of the Website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights and you acknowledge that the material and content supplied as part of the Website shall remain with us or our licensors.
You may retrieve and display the content of the Website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices.
You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Website.
12. Limitation of Liability
Supply of Goods
- Subject to clause 14b, if we fail to comply with these Terms, we shall only be liable to you for losses that you suffer as a result of our failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for:
(i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(iii) any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
(iv) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
(v) any deliberate breaches of these Terms that would entitle you to terminate the Contract; or
(vi) any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude to attempt to exclude our liability
Use of Website
The Website is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties, whether express or implied, in relation to it and its use. You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and cannot be responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided by you. You must bear the risk associated with the use of the Internet.
Whilst we will try to ensure that material included on the Website is correct, reputable and of high quality, we cannot accept responsibility if this is not the case. We will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any technical problems you may experience with the Website. If we are informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Website we will attempt to correct this as soon as we reasonably can.
In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
- incompatibility of the Website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links;
- technical problems including errors or interruptions of the Website;
- unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the Website; and
- failure of the Website to meet your requirements.
To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (both of which terms includes, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to your use of the Website.
If any part of the Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of the Terms.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
15. Entire Agreement
These Terms form the entire basis of any agreement reached between you and us.
16. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts.
If you submit a review, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media.
You grant Canterbury and its sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose.
You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content.
You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights granted by you to Canterbury, including the execution of deeds and documents, at the request of Canterbury.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that, as at the date that the content or material is submitted to Canterbury:
- The content of the review and material is accurate and genuine;
- Use of the content and material you supply does not breach any applicable Canterbury guidelines and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory). You agree to indemnify Canterbury for all claims brought by a third party against Canterbury arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
18. All Competitions
We reserve the right to amend these Terms without notice from time to time.
These rules will be deemed incorporated into each competition except to the extent that any specific instruction in a competition provides otherwise.
By entering the competition entrants will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms and be bound by them. All of our decisions will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
Any person who is an employee or an immediate family member of an employee of any The Hut Group company or any other person who is directly connected with the organisation of any particular competition is ineligible to participate.
Competitions are only open to residents of the UK (excluding Northern Ireland).
All entrants are to be aged 18 or over unless any other age restriction is specified or implied. Entrants should, if under 18, obtain permission in advance from their parent or guardian.
All entries must be received by the closing date specified in the competition. Answers will be entered upon submission. No responsibility will be taken for any answers that are misdirected, lost for technical or other reasons or received after the closing date.
We reserve the absolute right to disqualify without notice any entries to any competition which we consider have used improper technical means to enter and/or we believe is fraudulent.
Entrants are liable for their costs to access computer networks.
We will not be liable for or accept any responsibility for: (i) any failure by the winner or any entrant to comply with these terms and conditions; (ii) any disruption, delay or misdirection of entries; or (iii) any server, system or network failures, malfunctioning or inaccessibility.
We shall be the promoter of all competitions subject to these terms and conditions unless stated otherwise.
If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable we reserve the right at our absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value.
Only one prize will be awarded per household.
There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered and prizes are not transferable.
The winner's name will be selected in a random draw, after the closing date, from all correct answers received.
The winner of a prize will be notified within 28 days after the winner has been ascertained.
Please allow 28 days for delivery of all prizes.
If the winner of the competition is unable to take up a prize for any reason or if the winner cannot be notified after reasonable efforts having been made then we may dispose of the prize as we think fit without any liability to the winner for having done so.
For each competition, only one prize will be awarded per entrant / email address. Names of winners will be available on request.
The names of the winners may be published on our Website and/or on our Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform.
Prizes Involving Travel: (a) Travel arrangements are the responsibility of prize winners unless otherwise stated; (b) we reserve the right to require written permission from the parent or guardian of any winner who is under the age of 18 and to require such a winner to choose as a companion someone 18 or over.
Competition prizes/tickets may be restricted to certain times of the year and unless otherwise stated all prizes must be taken within six months of the date of the competition draw.
Where prizes are to be provided by a third party then the winner will be required to complete all appropriate or applicable booking or other formalities direct with such providers. We will have no responsibility for the acts/defaults of any other persons or companies.
The prize cannot be exchanged, refunded or transferred. No cash alternative is available.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify without notice any entries that it believes are fraudulent.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Promoter reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time (and any such change shall be notified to you by text).
Entry into the prize draw will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions. The prize draw and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Promoter: The Hut.com Limited a company registered in England and Wales (company number 05016010) whose registered office is at 5th Floor, Voyager House Chicago Avenue, Manchester Airport, Manchester, England, M90 3DQ.
Any credit will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
20. Site Offers
Maximum discount will be £500 per order if not otherwise stated. Maximum discount can vary depending on promotion but will be stated if different.
Site/Selected Item Discounts
Discount applied at basket, excluding free gifts and other promotional items. Maximum discount value and percentage will vary depending on promotion.
Discount given when offer requirements are met. Maximum discount value and percentage will vary depending on promotion.
Discount percentage decreases periodically over time, as stated. Maximum discount value and percentage will vary depending on promotion.
Discount automatically applied to products as shown on product pages. In some instances, Was/Now pricing may stack with an offer code, however this is dependent on promotion.
Gift(s) automatically added to basket when offer requirements are met. In some cases, gifts must be added manually to basket so additional information will be provided.
Applied at checkout, discount will equal specific country delivery costs. Shipping to other countries may still incur a charge.
Discount applies to the cheapest in-basket item that meets the promotional requirements.
Specifically stated items are exempt from discount. We reserve the right to amend the list of exempt products at any time. Only one discount code can be applied per basket.
FUTURE FUND COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Canterbury of New Zealand’s Future Fund Competition (the “Competition”). By entering into the Competition entrants agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
The Competition opens at 00:00am on 9 May 2022 (the “Opening Date”) and closes at 11:59pm on 30 June 2022 (the “Closing Date”). No entries shall be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid.
2. The Competition is open to persons aged sixteen (16) or over, who are residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland only. The entrant could be individual or a club/community member or volunteer looking to grow the women’s grassroots rugby game in any rugby code (union, league, 7s, tag or wheelchair rugby). If the entrant is under eighteen (18) years old, they should represent and warrant to the Promoter by entering this competition that their parents or guardians have consented to their entry and to these Rules, which they have read. Proof of age and identity may be required. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or other reason whatsoever. The Competition is specifically closed to employees of the Promoter, any associated companies, their families and anyone professionally involved in this promotion.
3. In order to enter the Competition, entrants must complete the following form, requiring your name, contact phone number, email address, club or community name, how Future Fund can support you, your club or your team:
Canterbury of New Zealand Future Fund Competition form.
4. NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO TAKE PART IN THIS COMPETITION.
5. The prize is a share of a £10,000 fund from Canterbury UK, which may include a cash prize and/or Canterbury of New Zealand’s products, distributed at the Promoter’s sole discretion (collectively, the “Prizes”).
6. The winner(s) of the Prize(s) (collectively, the “Winners”) will be selected on 14 July 2022 by a panel of five (5) judges from Canterbury of New Zealand from all entries received. The Promoter’s decisions shall be final. No correspondence will be entered into. The Winner(s) will be selected based on the merits of their entry to support the women’s grassroots rugby game in any rugby code. Each Winner will be contacted by email and by the direct contact phone number provided on 14 July 2022. If the Winner cannot be contacted and does not respond within 48 hours, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner at random from the remaining eligible entries.
7. The Winner(s) agree(s) to take part in post-Competition publicity at the request of the Promoter. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to the Promoter’s unrestricted use of any post-Competition publicity for the Promoter’s own purposes in all activities including, without limitation, marketing and promotional activities worldwide including but not limited to use on the Promoter’s websites and social networking platforms.
8. The Prize(s) may be altered or varied at the Promoter’s sole discretion and substituted with a prize which, in the Promoter’s sole opinion, is a suitable alternative. No cash alternatives are available. The Prize(s) is/are non-transferable and may not be sold, offered for sale, coupled or bundled with any other product or services or used for any commercial or promotional purposes whatsoever.
9. Once the Prize has been administered, the Promoter shall seek permission from the Winner to share the Winner’s name and social media handles on its Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts and press releases as well as its official website and its internal channels. The Promoter shall also seek permission from the Winner to share their picture and a quote on the social media platforms and communication channels indicated above.
10. Personal data which is provided by you when you enter will be processed in a database for the purpose of managing entry into the Competition. By providing us with any personal information, you consent to the processing and storage of your personal information for this purpose. If you withdraw your consent, you will be withdrawn from the Competition. Please read https://www.canterbury.com/privacy-policy.list to understand more about how Canterbury of New Zealand will process your personal information.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and/or cancel the Competition at its sole discretion.
12. The Promoter’s registered office is at 8 Manchester Square, London, W1U 3P.
13. To the maximum extent permitted by law the Promoter and its related entities shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with receipt, ownership and/or use of the Prizes.
14. By entering this Competition entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. English law governs this Competition and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Canterbury 6 Nations Ireland vs England Match Ticket Giveaway
These Terms and Conditions apply to the CANTERBURY 6 NATIONS IRELAND VS ENGLAND MATCH TICKET GIVEAWAY Competition (the “Competition”). By entering into the Competition entrants agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition(s) open at 12:00 on Monday 20th February 2023 and closes at 17:00 on Monday 9th March 2023. No entries shall be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid.
2. The Competition is open to persons aged eighteen (18) or over, who are residents of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or other reason whatsoever.
3. In order to enter the Competition, entrants must submit their email address either though the Canterbury.com website or though Facebook/Instagram Instant Form. One winner will be selected and receive two match tickets.
This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook/Twitter/Instagram. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.
4. Entrants agree that proof of submitting their Entry shall not be proof of the Promoter’s receipt of any Entry
5. NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO TAKE PART IN THIS COMPETITION.
6. The prize is two tickets to attend the Ireland vs England 6 Nations Rugby Union Match at Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland.
7. The prize does not include any compensation for travel and/or accommodation to attend the match in Dublin, Ireland.
8. Once the Prize has been administered, the Promoter shall seek permission from the Winner to share the Winner’s name and social media handles on its Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts and press releases as well as its official website and its internal channels. The Promoter shall also seek permission from the Winner to share their picture and a quote on the social media platforms and communication channels indicated above.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and/or cancel the Competition at its sole discretion.
11. The Promoter’s registered office is at 8 Manchester Square, London, W1U 3P.
12. To the maximum extent permitted by law the Promoter and its related entities shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with receipt, ownership and/or use of the Prizes.
13. By entering this Competition entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. English law governs this Competition and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Social Media Content Use Terms and Conditions
1. By permitting The Hut.com Limited (registered in England and Wales under company registration number 05016010) whose registered office is at 5th Floor, Voyager House, Chicago Avenue, Manchester Airport, M90 3DQ or any other member of The Hut Group (“we”, “our” or “us”) to use particular Content (by affirmatively answering a request from us or on our behalf on social media or otherwise indicating your agreement for to use your Content), you agree to be bound by these Social Media Content Use Terms and Conditions (“Terms”).
2. In these Terms “Content” refers to the photo and/or video, including any sound and accompanying text, posted through your account on social media, accompanying metadata such as time and place of creation, your user name, and links to your social media profile.
3. You grant us a right to use and display the Content, in any media, worldwide, for any lawful commercial purpose, in original or edited form, including without limitation: on our social media accounts, websites, blogs, digital displays, advertising (organic and paid), and generally in the promotion of our products or services. Such rights also extend to our group companies, affiliates, agents, employees, representatives, assigns, licensees, and anyone else acting on behalf of us.
4. The rights that you grant to us to use your Content are perpetual and irrevocable and you may not cancel or withdraw your permission for us to use your Content. However, this does not affect your or any other person’s rights in relation to personal data as referred to below.
5. The rights you grant to us are non-exclusive and (subject to our rights) you retain all rights to use the Content for your own purposes. We will not pay any royalties or compensation to you or any third party for use of the Content. Use is at our discretion and we are not obliged to use your Content in any particular way or at all.
6. You agree that you do not have any right to review, approve, or object to our use of your Content or advertising copy, or to be identified as the author/creator of the Content.
7. By agreeing to these Terms you represent and warrant to us that:
(a) the Content is your original work and you own it and all intellectual property rights in it and have all necessary rights to grant us the rights set out in these Terms (including in relation to copyrights, trademarks, private or public buildings, performances, sounds, and music) or, if you are not the owner of such rights, you have already obtained permission from the owner of such rights, and will inform us if this is incorrect or such permission is withdrawn at any time;
(b) our use of your Content as provided herein will not infringe intellectual property, privacy, image, performance, or publicity rights, or any other rights of any third party, require the payment of any compensation to any third party, or breach any applicable laws;
(c) nothing in your Content will be illegal, defamatory, obscene, or threatening to any third party; and
(d) you are aged 18 or over and have the right to agree to these Terms.
8. You will indemnify and keep us indemnified in full from and against any and all liability, loss, damages, injury, costs and expenses (including increased administration costs and reasonable legal expenses) awarded against, or incurred or paid by us as a result of or in connection with the Content, including without limitation for breach of intellectual property, data protection, privacy, image, performance, or publicity rights.
9. The Content may contain information about you or identifiable individuals which constitutes personal data under applicable laws.
10. By agreeing to these Terms you give your consent to the processing of such personal data by us (including any third party service providers that we engage for such purposes, as referred to below) for the purposes set out in these Terms.
11. Where any personal data relating to any other person appears in the Content you warrant that you also have obtained their consent for the processing of such personal data.
13. We are the controller of your personal data and you can obtain further information or exercise any of your legal rights by contacting us on the details below:
Telephone: 0161 8131481
Address: Customer Services, Meridian House, Gadbrook Park, Cheshire, CW9 7RA
14. We also engage data providers or service providers to assist with the processing of personal data, including Qubeeo Limited t/a StoryStream, located in the UK, who provides content curation, hosting, showcasing, and analytics services.
Canterbury White Shorts Swap
1. This promotion is open to anyone who has bought a pair of white women’s-fit Canterbury shorts (any style, not including licensed Ireland products).
2. This offer entitles the purchaser to one free pair of black or navy Canterbury shorts.
3. The purchaser must have purchased a pair of Canterbury women’s white shorts from on or after 1st January 2020.
4. A copy of your receipt as proof of purchase must be shown to redeem this offer. Original shorts don’t need to be returned to Canterbury.
5. There is no minimum number of shorts purchased by a user to redeem this promotion.
6. No refunds will be offered for the originally purchased white women’s shorts.
7. The offer relates to stock shorts only – made to order or customised club shorts are not included.
8. Usual delivery times, methods and charges may apply.
9. The promotion is subject to availability and while stock lasts and it can be withdrawn by Canterbury at any time.
10. The offer must be redeemed by 1st June 2023.