Quick, nourishing and as hot as you like
/ November 27th, 2015 / There are currently 0 comments
Rugby Recipe – Speedy Spiced Rice
This super quick spicy rice dish is great with grilled chicken or piled high and eaten after a training session
You will need:
- Wholegrain Rice
- 2 Mixed Peppers
- 1 Can of kidney beans
- 1 Onion
- Tinned tomatoes
- Spices: Garlic, Paprika, Chilli Flakes
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, after rinsing the rice, add in and simmer on a medium to low heat.
- Slice the onion and peppers into small chunks, drain the beans and mix all vegetables together in a large bowl.
Pour over tinned tomatoes and add a teaspoon of each spice to the mixture – mix well.
- Once the rice had cooked through, drain and add to the tomatoes and mixed veg.
- Place back into the pan, turning the heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, check on the pan occasionally and stir.
- Eat on its own, or as a side to chicken or fish
- Kidney beans make this recovery recipe protein packed, perfect for vegetarians or those wanting to cut back on their meat intake
- Using wholegrain rice over white means that your meal will have a lower Glycaemic rating, allowing your body to utilise the nutrients for longer and to keep you feeling satisfied.
- This is a great recipe for using up left over vegetables, and can be made with little to no fresh ingredients, giving you a great stand by when you need it!